WHAT IS COBIT (Control Objectives for Information and Related Technology)?
COBIT is an international standard for IT management, including the framework of best practices for IT management by ISACA and ITGI built in 1996. COBIT provides managers, who audit and IT users a wide range of measurements, tools, procedures and best practice guidelines to help maximize profitability through the use of IT, to help manage and control IT in organizations.
The purpose of COBIT is “research, development, marketing and promotion of a set of IT control objectives are widespread adoption for business managers and people who assess and apply in the daily work activities”
- Align IT objectives to business objectives
- COBIT is framework widely accepted around the globe which bring reputation to the business following COBIT framework
- Bring customer satisfaction, trust
- Maximize the benefit of using IT while using enterprise resource responsibly
- IT related risks are managed